Journey to the hospital? It was hell? I hate it?

I am so glad to be back!

What happen. I started having off and on fever since the Saturday, two weeks ago. Just came back from my Life Saving Course and got immediate sunburn and slight fever. Fever never went off. Basically was sick for the whole mid-term break.

Seeking help. Then it came to Sunday night, a week after that. Mid term break ended, went back to campus, and thats when i started vomiting non-stop. Went to the 3 different doctor, that week. Diagnosed with a viral fever and got myself a few jabs on the butt and a blood test. Not dengue, so it is a relieve. But more vomiting and fever. Can’t do anything but to lie down and get some good rest.

Vomiting worsen as the day goes, body rejecting food intake, then on Thursday, body started to reject water. can’t even take a single droplet of water.

Grandma suggested that I seek a Chinese medium for help. I went to the temple, the guy went on TRANCE!!! I am so so so so so so so scared. So sorry to say this, but I was freaking shaking like a leaf when I saw him go on trance. He held my hand and told me what symptoms I had been having for this past few days, and then he gave something for recovery.

I went home and do as he said. I SWEAR! i started eating and drinking. was craving for some sweet drinks and food. So then, I took a nap and that night everything came out. nope, nothing was digested. I survived 4 days without food and 2 days plus without water. Till last Saturday midnight, I was admitted to Pantai, Cheras.


The condition. When i was in the hospital, I had a quick blood test, and normal procedure, then admitted. Found out that fever was a bad viral fever, had severe gastric problem. And because of the gastric that I had, it trigger some kidney problem, mainly due to dehydration.

The feeling. It sucks to stay in the hospital. I don’t remember my last stay in HUKM was this awful. The bed was really uncomfortable, the food was bad, toilet was funny (it had a mini ramp like those you see in X games), injections was painful, medication was bitter, had the whole room to myself was scary, hand was numb and blood drawing was the worst!

Bored and lonely. I never really tell anyone that I was admitted, whether my friends or family. Grandma called from Singapore, Daddy and I had to lie. So I was dead bored to be honest. I never felt so bored and lonely before. I didn’t want my friends to see me in that state, didn’t want my parents to stay over to accompany me, because the environment was really uncomfortable , so I will tell them that I am OKAY.

Daddy brought me my handphone, PSP, hoping it will keep me company, but I was on drips, couldn’t even type a proper message and can’t even play a proper game.

There’s nothing to be watched on TV when there is no Astro. All I see on TV is just Malaysia’s ex and new Prime Minister. Every single hour of the day, same old news. The only time I was really watching TV was on Sunday morning, when Spongebob was aired on TV3, or was it NTV7?


if it hadn’t be it, i will be counting holes on my body.

Hygiene. I haven’t been able to bathe or shower since Thursday. I STINK. I cannot take it. Same clothes, same undies, and to make things worst, i had period. Waited and waited till Sunday when the nurse finally let me off drip for an hour. I bathe, and bathe and bathe. Getting my hair wet never felt this good!

What I don’t like. Taking blood! They never find my vein. Honestly, I am a very weird human being. Only can draw blood from right hand, and since my right hand is on drip, they have got no choice but to take blood from my left. The doctor have to poke 2-4 times to get it right. T___T

I appreciate. The nurses and doctor who are so good at their job.

Things I did when I reach home. take off clothes & bandages, bathe & shave weigh myself =D, spray a lot of EA. my fav.

Now. I am feeling so so much better. Recovering well, worried at the same time though. Don’t know if I can make it to my presentation this coming 14th. I have to speed things up, try to catch up with time that I have lost.

Published by


Loves overly-saturated colours and polka dots. Absolutely adores the sea and fluffy clouds :)

11 thoughts on “Journey to the hospital? It was hell? I hate it?”

  1. thanks elyn and syahid.. i am feeling much better now. =) hopefully can get full recovery before presentation date.

    i am crying while doing final year project. T_____T

  2. hey MC darlingg!! I heard from Illy u masuk hospital…wanted to go see you..but Illy said you say no need. So kesian…u take care of your health ok….make sure u eat ur meds k dear… ^_^ muah!!

  3. hey mia. no worries la dear. i am fine. i am still on medication tho. will take them till i recover. hopefully i sempat finish my FYP.

    and thank u for ur concern.

  4. Hey dear…didn’t know your fever turned out to be so serious. :(
    Glad to hear you’re recovering already…all the best for Tuesday…Maybe you might want to email Mr.K and let him know what’s been happening? With your condition I suppose they would understand…

  5. mishieru,

    hmmm…could have visited u if i know u’re at pantai

    to mishieru’s friend, ee tieng – trance is ‘kena pukau’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *